Web-masters used Captcha protection to protect their sites from different kinds of spam and even brute-force attacks. ReCAPTCHA have revolutionized the spam protection since Google released it. This protection mechanism is one of the best and suitable for almost every website. Web-Masters are allowed to put the ReCAPTHA field in any form they want to protect.
As the tag-line of Google ReCAPTCHA says, “Tough on bots, Easy on humans”. Today we’ll look into How to put ReCAPTCHA in WordPress.
Requirements for ReCAPTCHA on WordPress
- GMail Account
- A website with WordPress installed
- Some of your time.
- A healthy, working Mind 😛
Put ReCAPTCHA in WordPress
- First of all you have to login to your WordPress site.
- Click on Plugins and then click “Add New”.
- Search for “Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) by BestWebSoft” and install the plugins highlighted below.
- Activate this plugin.
- Click on “BWS Plugins” from sidebar and click “Google Captcha”
- Next you have to click here and signup for Google ReCAPTCHA.
- Enter your desired Name in label field (this would not be visible to anyone except you)
- Type the your website’s domain name in domains section. You can input multiple domains, one per line.
- Click Register and your Secret keys are ready.
- Now you have to copy and paste the Site Key and Secret key to Plugin settings.
- You can insert captcha field in the Registration, Password Reset, Login and Comments form of your site.
If you liked our efforts, share with others on social media. Help us spread awareness. Join us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Don’t forget to provide us your feedback in the comments below. cheers 🙂