Samsung Galaxy S3 is the smartphone which leads samsung to be the no.1 smartphone selling brand worldwide. It was very famous among peeps which makes its owners proud.
As samsung didn’t update their famous model to kitkat so definitely users have to update their s3’s by rooting and flashing custom ROMs.
As we all know xda forums are worlds most famous and best forums when it comes to android development stuff. The geeks and expert devs there work hard to provide the other fellows great stuff. Paranoid, Slim and other custom ROMs are the most famous ROMs which developed by xda forum developers.
This time its ‘NamelessROM’ which is a new custom ROM which combines the features AOSP based ROMs and their own customized features. NamelessROM is developed by ‘dhiru1602’ at xda forums which is based on latest AOSP 5.0 source code releases by Google. Below are the some features from the ROM:
- Beautiful User Interface
- Android 5.0 AOSP Based
- Combo of AOSP, AOKP, OmniROMs and SlimROMs
- Smooth Experience
- A Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300 & I9305)
- Rooted & CWM recovery installed ( If you haven’t, just follow this tut )
- NamelessROM – Download latest build from here
- Android 5.0 Gapps – Download from here
- SuperSu – Download from here
- Built-in camera app doesn’t works so download any other camera app from google play
- Home button wake
- SimLock broken
**Note that we will not be responsible for any damage you did to your device. Follow the tut on your own risk**
How To Update Galaxy S3 To 5.0 Lollipop:
- Dowload the ROM.zip and Gapps.zip from above download section.
- Now reboot into custom recovery.
- Select ‘Factory reset/wipe data’ to wipe user data.
- Now ‘format system’ to format the system.
- Now ‘wipe dalvik cache’
- Choose ‘install from sdcard’ and flash the ROM.zip file
- Now flash Gapps.zip file and reboot the phone.
**First Reboot may take up-to 5 mints, so be patient**
- dhiru1602 @ xda forums
- NamelessROM other team members
- Daniyal Sheikh for writing the tutorial
- Team Mgeeky – Shaeel Iqbal
If you have followed the above tut correctly and everything goes fine then congrats you have now updated your galaxy s3 to latest android version 5.0 lollipop. If you find our article useful and helpful consider it sharing with others on social media.