Did you ever need an Android device for your TV? Amazon has been offering their Fire TV Stick for $39 and trust me, this is the best Android TV device you can get. Not because it is cheap in price but it is also very powerful and easy-to-use. In this tutorial I will show you how to Jailbreak Amazon Fire Stick without computer. There are multiple ways around it and I will show you all ways to Amazon Fire Stick Jailbreak. I would like to mention here that installing Kodi is the best app for all your multimedia needs and that is what we will be installing today.
Different ways to jailbreak Amazon Fire Stick
As I mentioned earlier there are multiple ways you can accomplish Amazon Fire Stick Jailbreak and I would have told you the easiest method but I don’t want to leave anyone in the dark. First I will tell you all the different methods and then I will go through each of them in Complete details one by one. Just in case if you have a Fire TV box or new Fire Stick with Alexa voice, let me tell you that these methods will work on those devices as well.
- Install kodi on Fire Stick using ES File Explorer
- Amazon Fire Stick Jailbreak using a computer
- Without ES File Explorer and without computer
- Using Android phone and Apps2Fire
I will be mentioning Amazon Fire Stick and Kodi 17 Krypton in this tutorial but don’t worry, this will work on Amazon Fire TV box and you can use these methods to install older versions of kodi like Jarvis And Helix. All you will need to do is use the appropriate files for the target Kodi version. Let’s start with the installation of Kodi 17 Krypton on Amazon Fire Stick.
Amazon Fire Stick Jailbreak: Using ES File Explorer
This method is the most popular among firestick users. That is because you can easily jailbreak Amazon Fire Stick without computer and there are a ton of guides available online for the same.
- Power ON your Amazon Fire Stick and make sure that it is connected to the internet via WIFI.
- Now open Settings and Navigate to System.
- Inside the System, you will need to open Developer Options.
- Now you will need to make sure that “Apps from unknown source” and “ADB Debugging” is turned ON.
- Now go back to the home screen and select search from there.
- Here you will need to search for “ES File Explorer”
- The very first search result will be the one we are looking for. Select it and install it using the “Get” button.
- Once installed, open it up and open the menu on the left side in ES File Explorer.
- Select Favorites and then select “Add” option.
- Now you will see a popup asking for the name and address of the favorite you want to add. As we are installing Kodi, we will enter “Kodi” in the name section and the following URL in the path section.
- After that, save the favorite and now go ahead and select the favorite we just added from the list. A Page will open up and you will need to choose the APK file link from there.
- The last step is to select the “Open in Browser” option from the more menu. I have attached a screenshot for reference.
- The Download will start and you will be able to install “Kodi” APK file just like any other app.
Install Kodi 17 Krypton on Firestick without computer and without ES File Explorer
If the ES File Explorer doesn’t work for you or you don’t quite understand how to Jailbreak your FireStick using that, you can use this method. In my opinion, this method is the most underrated way of downloading Kodi on FireStick. That is because this is the easiest method but ES File Explorer method was first discovered by someone and that is method is still the most popular.
- First of all you will need to go to Settings and enable Apps from unknown sources. If you know how to do it, you can go to the next step. Inside Settings navigate to System > Developer Options and here you will need to enable “Apps from Unknown Sources”
- Make sure that your Amazon FireStick is connected to the internet and now go to the main screen and open Search.
- Now search for “Downloader” and install it using the “Get” button.
- Once installed, open Downloader app and now all you have to do is type this URL into the URL section and press the download button.
- The Kodi 17 Krypton APK will start to get downloaded and after download, you can open it and install Kodi by following the on-screen instructions.
Amazon Fire stick Jailbreak using Android phone
As of 2017, there are more than 2 billion Android devices running worldwide and there is a good chance that you have access to an Android phone. If that is the case then you can use your Android phone to Jailbreak Amazon Fire Stick. All you have to do is follow the instructions below and you should be good to go.
- First of all, you will need to make sure that your Amazon Fire Stick and your Android phone is connected to the same wifi network.
- Now you will need to open “Settings > System > Developer Options” and here you will need to enable ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- After that go back to the main screen of Amazon Fire Stick and open “Settings > System > About” and here you will need to note your IP Address. I recommend that you keep this screen open on your TV.
- Next up, go to Google PlayStore on your Android phone and download the Apps2fire app. If you are reading this on your Android phone, you can use the link given below for same.
- Now you will need to download APK file for Kodi on your Android phone. If you have new Amazon FireStick with Alexa Voice then you can use this link or use this link for Old Amazon Firestick.
- Once downloaded, open Apps2Fire and go to its settings. Here you will need to enter the IP address of your FireStick. Don’t forget to save it.
- The last step is to tap the upload button from the top bar inside Apps2Fire and select the Kodi apk file that you have downloaded.
- Wait for a few seconds and Kodi 17 Krypton will be installed on your Amazon FireStick. You can find it under “Settings > Apps”
Install Kodi 17 Krypton on Amazon FireStick using computer
This method of FireStick Jailbreak is the least preferred cause it involves using a computer. In this day and age, no one wants to boot up a computer just to jailbreak firestick. But If you don’t have any other method working for you, this is the only way around.
To jailbreak Amazon fire Stick and Install Kodi Kryton 17, you will need to download a couple of utilities on your computer and follow the instructions given below.
- First of all, download the ADB Drivers on your computer using this link and install it. Make sure to Press Y whenever the installation wizard asks.
- Now open Settings > System > Developers Options on Amazon Fire TV Stick and here you will need to enable both ADB Debugging and Apps from unknown sources as well.
- Next up, go back to the main screen of Amazon Fire Stick and Navigate to “Settings > System > About” and here you will need to take note of the IP Address.
- After that, come back to your Windows computer and press “Windows Key + R” to open the Run window.
- Here you will need to type cmd, just like the way it is entered in the image below.
- Click OK and it will open a Command Line Interface in front of you.
- Here you will need to enter a couple of commands as we have mentioned below.adb connect IPADDRESS <<===== make sure to change the IPADDRESS with the actual IP address of your Amazon Fire TV Stick
- As soon as you will hit enter, your PC will connect to the Fire Stick via Wifi and you will see the confirmation text as “Connected to IPADDRESS:5555″
- Now you will need to download the APK file for Kodi on your PC using the links given below. If you are using Old FireStick then use this link and if you are using New FireStick with Alexa Voice then use this link.
- After you have downloaded the APK file successfully, you will need to move that file to an easier location. I am moving the APK file to my C: drive and I highly recommend that you also do the same.
- Once the APK file is inside the C: drive, type this command is the command prompt window and press enter.adb install C:\filename.apk <<===== Don’t forget to change filename.apk with the actual file name that you downloaded.
- As soon as you will run this command inside the command prompt, the Kodi APK will be pushed to the Fire Stick and you will be able to find it under “Settings > Apps” menu.
I hope you were able to install Kodi 17 Krypton on and Amazon Fire Stick and Jailbreak it successfully. If you found this tutorial helpful then make sure to share it with others over at social networks and follow us on twitter for more updates like this.