Nowadays android smartphones have become very powerful devices and can perform every kind of Pc tasks in minutes, for example, data processing, photo editing etc. So why not converting it into a real time desktop pc with double advantage? Here we will today show you to convert your android device into a linux desktop pc without rooting.
We will be using linux variant, Debian here to convert android smartphone into a desktop linux pc. Debian doesn’t require root permissions to run, which makes the process very easy. So now lets move to the steps of this guide.
- Check if android phone is Refurbished or not
- Customize your Android phone
- Test WiFi Speeds locally on Android and iPhone
- Use two Whatsapp accounts in 1 android device
- Remove Annoying Sounds From Facebook App
First you need to install “Debian noroot” app from playstore on your smartphone. Basically Debian is an linux based operating system which lets you many free open source programs which we will discuss later in this post. This Debian noroot app will install the debian 7.0 wheezy on your android device. Now when you are done with downloading Debian noroot app from playstore, open it and it will start installing all required packages so just wait for it. Once it installs all the packages, you will be able to see a cursor on the desktop type screen.
Now the next part of this guide is to update the Debian to latest stable version and install important programs. If you are familiar with linux then you will feel right here with ‘Apt-get’ command but if you are new to it then don’t be a panic person and just follow the steps below.
- On Debian window, drag mouse on icon labelled as ‘Root Terminal’ and double tap on it. Now you will be able to see command type window.
- If you are not using bluetooth keyboard, you have to use the onscreen keyboard to issue commands. You can bring keyboard by swiping from top or side and then taping on back navigation key.
- Now to make sure that debian is updated, type apt-get update in the terminal and hit enter key. Now it will install crucial system & security updates.
- Once its done, you can now start installing programs. Below are some programs which we are recommending but you can install hundreds of other programs, tools and even games also. To see the list of programs you can install, just visit Debian wheezy’s official page.
> To install libreoffice suit : You need to type apt-get install libreoffice and then hit enter.
> To install Iceweasel Web browser : You need to type apt-get install iceweasel and then hit enter.
These programs should be installed now and ready to use. Now you can start exploring it by yourself. Furthermore you can connect mouse and keyboard for your ease. You can also connect your android phone to monitor or any hdmi supported television for a bigger view. Although the steps are quite clear and easy to execute but still if you’r having problems in dealing with Debian or stuck at any of step, you can comment below to get your problem solved. You can also join our facebook group for getting quick technical assistance anytime.
Share this article on facebook, twitter and Gplus to let other people know about this thing. After all sharing is real caring.