Blogger is one of the best and most used platform by many blogs around the glob. Though, some bloggers are shifting from blogger to WordPress, because of the plugins.
Here are some benefits of using blogger that can never be overlooked.
- Blogger is a Google’s product, so you don’t have to worry about servers. On the other hand, WordPress is a self-hosted platform which requires a web host.
- No matter how much traffic your site receives, your site will never go down. All because of the highest quality servers by Google.
- Security of your blog can never be an issue for you cause you are in safe hands of Google. The company never compromises on security as well as speed.
What is required to attach a custom domain to blogger
- 1 Fully Qualified Domain name which should be registered.
- 1 blog at blogger.com, If you don’t have a blog and just getting started, you can login at blogger.com with your Gmail ID and create a blog for free.
- 1 Cloudflare account (Optional). If your current domain registrar doesn’t allow for custom dns records, you would require a Cloudflare account.
We are going to use cloudflare because it works for any domain registrar, No matter if they allow custom dns records or not.
- First of all, login to blogger.com account.
- On blogger, select the blog you want to attach a custom domain with.
- Click on settings and then click on basic from the menu at left side.
- Now you have to click at “+ Setup a 3rd party URL for your blog” and you will see a field for a custom domain name.
- Enter your domain name in this field and click save. Don’t forget to check the box saying “Redirect domain.com to www.domain.com”
- Once you clicked save, you will see an error saying “We have not been able to verify your authority to this domain. Error 12” Don’t panic, it is normal. Just note the dns records given here, Like shown below.
- Now you have to login to cloudflare account and add your domain.
- It will ask you to setup the dns records for your domain, Here you have to add the records that are given by blogger. You also need to add A records like shown in the image below.
- In the next step you will get 2 nameservers of cloudflare, you have to add them in your domain registrar. Every domain registrar allows you at least 2 nameservers, so you should not have any problem adding them.
- Wait for some time and let the dns records propagate, so that every dns server knows your domain’s new address. Which is blogger. 🙂
If you liked it, share with others and join us at social media. Follow us on Facebook, twitter and Google+ If you are having an issue in any thing, don’t hesitate to comment below. 🙂