In this article today I will tell you different tricks to Jailbreak Roku 3 and 4 and install Kodi on Roku 3 and 4? Before that, let me tell you what is Roku and also tell you what is Kodi and why you need it.
What is Roku?:
It is one of the best and fastest streaming sticks that you can buy. Roku is also a feature that is available for many of the smart TVs built in. Basically, the hardware that is needed to run Roku OS is built into those TVs. It has many channels to stream different movies, and TV shows as well. But many of the guys need to know How to Jailbreak Roku 3 and 4 and install Kodi on Roku 3 and 4? There are several ways you can accomplish this and I will be mentioning all in this tutorial.
Before going to the installation of Kodi on Roku, let me tell you about Kodi and why you need it.
What Is KODI?:
Kodi is an Open Source Media Center which can be used on almost any smart tv or Smartphone out there. Previously KODI was called XBMC and it was used to turn your XBox into a Media Center. Hence the name XBMC. After that, XBMC was available of many TV Devices like Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV so it was renamed to KODI.
Kodi by itself can not do much. You can play different video or audio files that you have stored on your device or on your Network Attached Storage. The real power of Kodi shows when you start using 3rd party add-ons. These add-ons are actually what make Kodi so cool.
You can stream Live TV, Movies, TV Shows and everything in between using Add-ons on Kodi. I think I should leave it to that.
How To Jailbreak Roku 3 and 4 and install Kodi on Roku 3 and 4?:
I am combining the Jailbreak and Kodi part in one section because essentially they are same. What I mean by that is that if you Install Kodi on Roku 3 and 4 then you have basically jailbroken your Roku 3 or 4. By following the simple technique users can easily jailbreak Roku 3 and 4 or install Kodi on Roku 3 and 4. For
Unfortunately, Kodi is not officially supported by Roku and that is because Roku uses a different programming language than Kodi. Basically, Kodi can not be imported to Roku. But there is a trick which you can use to “Get” Kodi on Roku 3 and 4 but I don’t think you would ever use it. Let me show you what I am talking about.
- Open Roku Settings and Scroll down to the “System Update” section. You will need to have a software version that is greater that 5.6.
- Once you have made sure that you have the latest version of Roku available for your particular device, you can simply go back to the main Settings and find an option called “Screen Mirroring”
- Now select “Enable Screen Mirroring” from the Screen Mirroring settings. Basically, this feature allows you to see your Android phone’s screen on your Roku TV. I know it is not a jailbreak or Installation of Kodi but that is what we have for Roku as of now.
- This step might differ from device to device. Go to your Smartphone and open the notification tray from the top of the display. Here you will need to look for an option called “Screen Mirroring” or “Wireless Display”
- You will see your Roku 3 or 4 listed on your Android phone and once you select it, the screen mirroring will begin and you will be able to see your android phone display on your Roku TV.
- The last step is to open Kodi on your Android phone and you should see it on your Roku 3 or 4. Just play the Movie or TV show on Kodi on your Android phone and put it to the side.
Just in case if this is not working for you, make sure that your Roku Stick is connected to the same WiFi network as your phone is connected to. Your WiFi router might also be the culprit cause some of the routers block the connection coming from one device to another.
So by using this, you can easily get Kodi on Roku and you can use it.
Some Essential Features Of Roku Streaming Stick:
- Roku 4 is a very popular streaming stick, among the people who use 4K TVs. Basically, Roku is built for these sort of High Definition TVs.
- There are also shortcut buttons available for popular apps like Hulu, Netflix etc.
- Can easily connect to WiFi network to stream Videos in the HD quality.
- It becomes an excellent feature when it is used with the combination of KODI & Exodus. In this, the entertainment is guaranteed.
Can we Use Roku Without Installing KODI?:
Yes, it is possible. You can use Roku without installing Kodi. In fact, this is one of the best and easiest ways to enjoy the latest movies and TV shows. You can enjoy every sort of entertainment stuff without installing kodi as well. Many questions which have arisen from different people that Kodi is illegal?
No kodi is not illegal. It is a legal software which allows you to stream different videos and it is easily available on the PlayStore for Android.
So by following the trick which I have mentioned in the above article you can simply Jailbreak Roku 3 and 4 and install Kodi on Roku 3 and 4.
Hope you guys have learned now how to Jailbreak Roku 3 and 4 and install Kodi on Roku 3 and 4?
If you have any questions related to this do contact us and keep connected for more interesting articles like this. Thanks for reading this.