Before we start listing the features and other things about this Rom, first we have to credit amazing peoples at pittech forums as they are always provide the exceptional and rare things for General Mobile Discovery which is a clone of A900 and E3. The MIUI V6 which we are going to share with you today is also ported by them from redmi 1s. But unfortunately it got bugs like slow user experience with a lot of lags, can’t create custom APNs, compass doesn’t works, memory bug and only flashable via TWRP recovery which means if you don’t have twrp installed on your a900/e3, it will not get flashed with cwm or any other custom recovery.
But we have done a bit work and re-engineering on this Rom to make it more awesome and we succeeded but only custom APN bug can’t be resolved otherwise it is all okay and ready to flash via any kitkat compatible custom recovery. More things which we have re-engineered and also ROM’s features are mentioned below.
- 4.4.2 kitkat based
- Original MIUI v6 from xiaomi redmi 1s
- GApps included so need to flash them manually
- Lagging UI is ripped by Ram manager script with strict minfree values
- Clearer and more bright camera result as compared to stock and ColorOs rom
- Memory bug resolved with re-partitions
- Build.prop tweaks and init.d tweaks to make it daily driver
- Beautiful user interface
- Great user customization and features
- Bravia engine and funtouch sound
- Removed extra bloatware from the Rom
- Rest of the features are same like MIUI tradition and can be further discovered by installing this Rom
Older Version 5.3.4
PATCH FOR QMobile A900
Note : On requests I have updated the Rom to the most latest and stable version available at Pittech. Below are respective download links.
Stable Version 5.4.10
Elife E3 Patch
- Download MIUIv6Rom.zip file from any of link given in downloads section above. (A900 users must download the patch also)
- Transfer the downloaded Rom zip file to your phone’s sdcard.
- Switch off your phone and boot into cwm or twrp or any custom recovery.
- Make sure you have nandroid backup of your current Rom present in sdcard, if don’t make a one.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” and under advanced, select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard” and flash MIUIv6Rom.zip file. (A900 users have to flash patch also)
- After flashing gets complete, just reboot and wait for atleast 5 minutes to boot the Rom completely.
Special thanks to Aditya Joshi for testing the Rom and providing the screenshots.
You have now converted your a900/e3 into redmi 1s running MIUI 6 (Cheap Joke). Well that’s enough from our side and want you people to try this Rom and do let us know about it so other visitors can get aware of user experience or review.