Recently the official OTA update of 5.0 lollipop hits the samsung galaxy note 3 SM-N900 in Russia. Just right after the ota updates, SamMobile updated their website’s firmware downloads section with the latest 5.0 lollipop firmware.
This official firmware build is labelled as XXUEBOA6 and it is not a leak or any unofficial build. Although the build is only available in Russia but the users who owned N900 in different regions can also flashed this firmware to update their N900 to official lollipop touchwiz firmware.
The XXUEBOA6 official lollipop firmware is more stable and improved. The major changes are the whole new lollipop based touchwiz UI, faster task processing and much more better battery life. The firmware is available at Samsung KIES and you can also use it to update your N900 manually. The people who want to update their N900 can follow our detailed tutorial to update galaxy note 3 n900 to lollipop. Before we start our tutorial, have a look at some of the details of the firmware.
Model name: GALAXY Note 3
Version: Android 5.0
Build date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 16:11:27 +0000
Product Code: SER
Before you start please make sure you have complete backup of your current ROM so in case if you stuck somewhere in process and want to revert back then you can use that backup to restore your device in working condition.
Disclaimer: The firmware and tools which are shared in this tutorial belongs to their respective developers and we or they will not be responsible for any damage so follow the below guide on your own risk. Note that the you must have SM-N900 to follow this guide and do not try the below steps on any other variant of galaxy note 3.
How To Update Galaxy Note 3 N900 To Official 5.0 Lollipop Firmware:
We have gathered up this step by step guide on how to update note 3 to lollipop with official firmware. Please read and execute every step carefully so you can install it with ease.
- Download Official 5.0 Lollipop Firmware For Galaxy Note 3 N900 and extract the zip file on your desktop.
- Download Odin v3.09 on your pc, we will be using this to flash the firmware.
- Power off your phone and now go to the download mode by pressing and holding volume down and home button together and then press power button until the samsung logo or red text or yellow text appeared on your screen.
- Be sure you have installed all the usb drivers for SM-N900 on your pc.
- Now on your computer, open Odin and connect your phone to pc while it is in download mode.
- If the phone is connected correctly and all the usb drivers are installed on your computer then on Odin screen, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step will take some time.
- Now select the respective files in ODIN, these files can be found in the firmware folder which you have earlier extracted on desktop.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. NOTE: This only applies if you have a 32GB internal storage phone otherwise, skip this step.
- Now check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in ODIN and if you have selected the PIT file in above step then check Re-Partition option also and if you haven’t selected the PIT file then just leave it unchecked.
- Now just click on the start button in ODIN and now the installation will start so just wait for it to complete.
- After the completion of installation process, your N900 will restart and when it boots up completely then just unplug the phone from pc.
- The process is now finished and you have now successfully installed official lollipop firmware on your SM-N900.
If somehow you done anything wrong or you are not getting any step, feel free to comment below, we will get to you and will try our best to help you out.