Xperia Z2 is one of the excellent flagship from Sony and have all the components which a user expect in flagship devices. Some of it’s noticeable features includes a 2.3 Ghz Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB Ram and a 20.7 MP rear camera. It comes with sony’s own customized Timescap UI based on android 4.4.2 kitkat and recently it started getting the 5.0 lollipop updates in Nordic region. For the people of regions who still not able to receive this latest update, they can get the official lollipop firmware for xperia z2 right now by manually flashing the official FTF file of Z2’s lollipop firmware.
We have compiled a step by step procedure for the users of xperia z2 who want to taste the latest android on their phone as soon as possible. The steps are pretty clear just you need to follow them with concentration so you can not get into any trouble.
- Download the flashtool from here and install it on your pc.
- Download official lollipop firmware ftf file from here.
Steps To Flash :
- Open Flashtool and click on thunder/lightening symbol at top.
- Now Select Flashmode and click on “…” button, browse to downloaded ftf file and select it.
- Now click on Flash button. And wait for window to popup. (It can take some seconds/minutes so be patient)
- Now immediately turn off your phone and press and hold the volume down key and connect it to pc via usb cable.
- Once the flashing get starts, release the volume down key and wait for it to complete flashing.
- After the flashing gets complete, just disconnect your phone from pc and turn it on.
- Done. You are now running latest android.
If you have followed all the instructions correctly, you should be running official android lollipop on your xperia z2. If you’r having any confusion related to flashing steps or any queries related to the official firmware, just ask it in comments. Join our facebook group for getting technical assistance anytime.