QMobile A900i is a upgraded version of QMobile A900 which is one of the best smartphone till now by the company. QMobile A900i comes with 1.3Ghz Quadcore processor, 2GB Ram, 8GB internal storage and 8MP camera. It also features a 4.7″ qHD display and 3G connectivity. It comes with 4.2 jellybean but it can be officially upgraded to kitkat via visiting service centers of the company. This upgraded model of A900 doesn’t get so much attention of users and as well as developers. But right after this mobile phone comes in our development group, A900i users should now take a long breathe because they have now gonna be noticed and the custom roms are on road.
Before the custom roms for QMobile A900i, we are first today going to provide you the easiest and best method to roo0 your device and install cwm recovery on it. So now come to the things which are required to root and install cwm recovery on QMobile A900i.
- Vroot One click root software – Download from here
- CWM Recovery for QMobile A900i – Download it from here
- A Pc for rooting via Vroot
- Mtk Mobile uncle tools | Get it on playstore
- A working brain
We are clearing you here that this method is checked and verified for QMobile A900i Kitkat firmware but still it can be done on jellybean firmware too. Follow all the steps mentioned below correctly and remember that we will not be responsible for any damage you did to your device so follow this on your own risk.
How to root QMobile A900i :
- Download Vroot software from above requirements section and install it on your pc.
- Now on your phone enable USB Debugging option by going to Settings > Developer Options. (If you are unable to locate developer options then just simply go to about phone menu and tap on build number 3 times)
- Now connect your phone to pc with the help of USB cable.
- Now open the Vroot software on your pc and let it detect your phone.
- Now just click on the Root button at the bottom of the Vroot window on pc and let it be complete the procedure.
- After the procedure, your phone will automatically reboot and after the boot up, you may now able to locate superuser app in app drawer.
How to install Cwm recovery on QMobile A900i :
- Download the cwm recovery from above given link in requirements section and transfer it to your phone’s sdcard.
- Now on your phone download and install Mtk Mobile Uncle tools from play store.
- After this, locate the cwm recovery file on your phone by simply opening your file manager and rename it to “recovery.img” from “recovery_a900i_MGeeky”.
- Now open Mtk mobile uncle tools app and go to Recovery update option, there you will see the “recovery.img” file which you have just copied and renamed, just select it and after that tap on Ok.
- After it completes flashing, it will prompt you asking reboot to recovery, just choose it and it will take you to the newly installed Cwm recovery.
Now you are free to do some experiments on your A900i but be sure to take nandroid backup before trying anything. You can also follow our ultimate guide to completely theme any rooted android phone to look like Android lollipop here and can follow some tips to improve your android experience here. If you having any difficulties following the steps you can comment them below, we will try our best to solve them.