Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of the most famous Smartphones of all the time. It has all the goodness of a Smartphone and stands proud among its counterparts. About 6 Months ago, Samsung produced a List of devices which are going to get KitKat update. That was a sad news for the proud owners of Samsung Galaxy S3, as the device wasn’t included in the list and Samsung left Galaxy s3, i9300 specifically, behind.
Today we have decided to make a brief step by step guide describing How to Root, Install Custom Recovery and Update Galaxy S3 to KitKat. The guide consists of 3 Parts which are Rooting, Installation of Custom Recovery and updating to Kitkat.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3:
Rooting may void your Devices Manufacturer Warranty. It’s recommended not to Root if you don’t know what you are doing.
- Open Settings App and navigate to “About Phone”.
- Tap on “Build Number” 7 times quickly.
- Go back to “Settings” and open “Developers Options”
- Toggle On “USB Debugging” and hit “OK”
- Now turn on Your PC, Download and Install the Drivers from the Link Given Below
- It is Recommended that your Phone must have at least 50% charge in battery.
- After Installing Drivers Download the Package from the Link Given Below
- After Downloading the Zip file, Extract it on an easily accessible Location on Your PC.
- You’ll find Odin and a file with .md5.tar Extension.
- Open Odin exe file.
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy S3 in Odin Mode by Pressing and Holding Home + Power + Volume Down.
- Now Press Volume UP button Once and you’ll boot into Odin Mode of your Device.
- Now Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 with USB cable and you’ll see your phone listed in Odin window.
- Click on “PDA” or “AP” button and select the CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md5 from the Extracted folder.
- Click “Start” and wait.
- Odin will Notify you with a Message saying “PASS!!” and Your Phone will Reboot Automatically.
- Congratulations! Now your Samsung Galaxy S3 is Rooted.
Flashing Custom Recovery in Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300.
- Open Google Play Store in Your Galaxy S3.
- Search and Install “ROM Manager“.
- Install and Open “ROM Manager”.
- Grant Root access to ROM Manager.
- Now look for Recovery option and Install CWM or TWRP Recovery from ROM Manager.
- After the Recovery is Installed, Confirm by going to Recovery Mode by holding Volume Up+Power+Home.
- Congratulations! You’ve installed Custom Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Updating Samsung Galaxy S3 to KitKat.
Before Updating or doing anything else to your Samsung Galaxy S3, We Strongly Recommend to Make a Complete backup from Recovery.
We’re Going to Install CyanogenMod CM11 on Our Samsung Galaxy S3 but you can Install Any ROM you may like. Process of Installation remains almost same.
- Download CM11 latest ROM from the link given Below and Copy the Downloaded ZIP file in your phone’s SD Card or Internal Storage.
- Reboot to Recovery you just Installed by holding Power+Volume Up+Home Buttons.
- Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and select “Yes: on next screen.
- Select “Mount and Storage”.
- Select “format /system” and Select “Yes“.
- Now Select “Install Zip from SDcard“
- Select the Zip file you downloaded in Step 1
- Select “Yes“
- Now select “Reboot System” and you’ll be booted to your Custom ROM.
If you have Any Question or Query, Just drop us a Comment and We’ll Answer ASAP. Like us on Facebook and Share our posts with your friends if you find Us Helpful.