Facebook is world largest social network. Some people always complain of being tired from some of Facebook features. Stopping unwanted Notifications, Getting rid of annoying app invites seems inpossible.
Not anymore, Now every Facebook user can Stop unwanted notifications and get rid of those annoying app invites. Today we are going to show you exactly how to make your facebook experience better.
Stop Unwanted App invites
This is first thing that every facebook user should do. Now a days almost every Facebook user is expiriencing annoying app invites, specially games like Candy Crush Saga, Farmville etc.
Facebook allows you to stop these annoying invites by following the steps stated below.
- Login to your Facebook account
- Click on the small arrow pointing down and Select Setting.
- Next you have to click Blocking from left menu
- Lastly, Enter the Name or Email address of that friend, who send you invites, in the Block App Invites section.
The main benifit of doing this is the friend wouldn’t get notified of this setting.
Enable Timeline approvals
This is also a very important setting everyone should configure. This allows you to select whether the post, in which you are tagged, should appear on you timeline or not. Facebook is a social networks with all of your loved ones added as friends. What if 1 of your friends tag you in a picture or video which shouldn’t be seen by anyone else? Here is the answer, You can enable review the tags and choose the posts that should appear on your timeline.
- First of all you should log into your Facebook account
- Click on small arrow in the top right of your screen
- In the left column, click Timeline and Tagging
- Look for the setting Review posts friends tag you in before they appear on your Timeline? and click Edit to the far right
- Select Enabled from the dropdown menu
Now when ever someone tags you in any post, you’ll get a notification for approval. That tagged post will show on your timeline only after your approval.
Enable SMS login approval
Facebook lets you have full control on how and who can access your Facebook timeline. This is recommended that you enable SMS login approvals that whenever, you or anyother person who has your account’s password, you’ll get a special 6-digit code in SMS that will be required if you want to access your account.
This setting needs you phone number to be verified with you Facebook timeline.
- Click small arrow from top right corner and select Settings-> Security
- Click the Login Approvals section
- Check the box and save the changes.
- facebook.com for such a good social networking site
- MGeeky.com for making this post.
Found it helpful? Share with others on Facebook, Twitter and other platforms. Join us on Facebook, Twitter google+ to stay up-to-date with latest tech happenings. Cheers 🙂