So oneplus has officially released their android marshmallow update for the one plus 2. And in this quick tutorial, I will show you how to apply it manually. No, this update is not available as OTA, you have to manually dirty flash it.
How to update Oneplus 2 to Oxygen OS 3.0 Marshmallow
- So in order to update your phone, first of all download the 1.1 GB zip file Download link is given below.
- After that power off your phone.
- Once it’s powered off, press vol down + power button at the same time.
- Once you see the Oneplus logo, release the keys and you will be booted into the recovery mode.
- So now from there tap on install from SD, select the zip file that you downloaded.
- As soon as you select the zip file, the phone will automatically start to update.
- The update process will take 10-15 minutes to complete, so please be patient.
- Once the update is done, you will be asked to reboot the phone. So just tap on yes and your phone will reboot.
Some quicks questions about OxygenOS 3.0 on OnePlus 2
Till the time phone reboots, let me answer some FAQs.
- “I have rooted my one plus 2, so how do i update it???”
The process is exactly the same Download the 1.1GB zip file, boot into TWRP recovery, tap on install, select the zip file and then reboot the phone.
- “I have i have installed a custom ROM CM13, so how do i update it to the official Oxygen OS???”
The process is same like flashing a ROM. Just go into TWRP, go into wipe and swipe to factory reset, then go to install and select the zip file.
So, if you want to learn more about what’s new in this update, Let me know in the comments section below and I will make a separate post just on features on OxygenOS 3.0.
That’s it for now, Share this Quick tutorial with your Oneplus 2 friends and i will see you soon.